Just Waiting For Orders, Thousands Of Israeli Troops Are Ready To Attack Rafah

Just Waiting For Orders, Thousands Of Israeli Troops Are Ready To Attack Rafah

Just waiting for orders, thousands of Israeli troops are ready to attack Rafah. Ahead of Israel’s invasion of Rafah, thousands of Israeli reserve troops will be deployed to Gaza. Israeli military officials said all preparations to enter Gaza’s southernmost city of Rafah had been completed. And the plan depends on the approval of the Israeli army government.

The IDF announced on 24 April 2024 that the 679th Yiftah Armored Brigade and the 2nd Carmelite Infantry Brigade would enter the Gaza Strip. In the coming days they are prepared to take control of the netzarim military belt and the US-built docks off the coast of Gaza. Israeli infantry brigades usually consist of 2,000 to 5,000 troops.

Israeli media said the deployment of the two brigades would free up troops from the 993rd Nahal Brigade which currently controls the Netzarim corridor. The Netzarim Corridor was built on the ruins of schools and hospitals to divide Gaza in two.

Earlier this year this announcement came when Israeli authorities said all necessary preparations had been completed for an impending attack on the city of Rafah. In the southernmost part of Gaza a senior defense official said on Wednesday that the army could launch the operation after getting government approval.